Exhausted!

Thursday, 23rd April 2015 at 6:01 pm 7 comments

I’m completely worn out! I knew what to expect when Scampi moved in and pretty much everything was put on hold while he learned to trust us. Knowing what to expect and knowing how it will feel are two completely different things – I’ve had two babies so I know this but I was still surprised πŸ˜€ As his confidence grew, he didn’t feel the need to be my shadow quite so much, but all this meant was that I had time to eat and do a bit of housework in peace πŸ˜€ Now, he’ll happily lie in the sun in the garden while I get on with things. Occasionally he pops in and checks I’m still around, then wanders off to chew a stick or find his ball so we can play. He also gives me a look which says β€œDon’t you DARE shut the back door while I’m out here” πŸ˜€ We have a routine now, and I have time to pick up my crochet hook and make something.

Sleeping

So, I DID pick up my favourite hook – I’ve had it for years and I have no idea where it came from. It’s just always been in my sewing box, unused. It says size 3.50 but I have a set of newer hooks – it’s a bit bigger than the 3.50 and smaller than the 4.0. So we’ll just call it 3.75 πŸ˜€ The basket of bits has been brought back out and put on the coffee table. The hook has been placed in the basket. And that’s as far as I’ve got.

Yarn basket

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Crochet, Pets, Scampi, Yarn. Tags: , , , .

Blogs And Dogs Still Exhausted!

7 Comments Add your own

  • 1. The Snail of Happiness  |  Thursday, 23rd April 2015 at 6:07 pm

    Lovely to see a relaxed Scampi… he’s getting there!

    Reply
    • 2. MollyBean  |  Saturday, 2nd May 2015 at 5:44 am

      He’s relaxed 90% of the time. The other 10% – devil dog! lol!

      Reply
      • 3. The Snail of Happiness  |  Saturday, 2nd May 2015 at 10:13 am

        We’ve had Sam over eight years and she’s now a devil dog about 1% of the time! To begin with (she was a rescued street dog) it was closer to 80%… and the other 20% was when she was asleep.

  • 4. sanseilife  |  Thursday, 23rd April 2015 at 6:37 pm

    Scampi is adorable! Looks very content too.

    Reply
    • 5. MollyBean  |  Saturday, 2nd May 2015 at 5:48 am

      He finally trusts us, it’s a great feeling πŸ˜€

      Reply
  • 6. sunmoonstars134  |  Friday, 24th April 2015 at 3:51 pm

    That’s a pretty good start πŸ™‚ I hope he doesn’t discover a love of yarn for toys…!

    Reply
    • 7. MollyBean  |  Saturday, 2nd May 2015 at 5:51 am

      He hasn’t – yet! I still put the yarn out of reach when I leave the room, just in case πŸ˜€

      Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


MollyBean on Facebook

Blog Stats

  • 7,009 hits

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 116 other followers

Calendar

April 2015
M T W T F S S
« Mar   May »
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  

%d bloggers like this: